Rann of Kutch | Rann Utsav 2020-2021 | GujaratCelebs
The great Rann of Kutch is a Desert, which is situated in the district of Kutch in Southern Pakistan and parts of India. It covers almost thirty thousand square kilometers, beside which the Banni grasslands are located. Just beside it, a little Rann of Kutch is also there which covers ten thousand square miles, and is situated between the Gulf of Kutch and the mouth of the Indus River. And both the Great Rann of Kutch and the small Rann of Kutch forms the Rann of Kutch.
The Rann of Kutch Desert is one of the hottest places in parts of India and Pakistan. In summer the temperature rises to 50∙c and in winter temperature can go down to even below 0∙c. In monsoon the amount of rainfall is very high, water gets stagnant, the place thus is very wet. The wetland continues from the Gulf of Kutch to the Gulf of Cambay, from west to east respectively.
The Rann of Kutch acts as an international border between India and Pakistan. The place is fully guarded by the BSF (Border Security Force). It plays a very important role as the Indo-Pakistan international border.
Rivers or Tributaries forming Rann of Kutch-
The place is a part of the Arabian Sea. But later due to a geological upliftment or due to the movements of the plate tectonics, the place got a little displaced and cut off connection with the sea to form a large Lake. At the time of Alexander, the Great, the Lake was used for many purposes, also navigation used to take place. Rivers like Ghaggar used to empty themselves or join in the Rann of Kutch earlier. Many years ago, now it empties itself into the northern desert of Rajasthan. Rivers like Indus and Ganges joins in the Rann of Kutch. The river Luni, which originates from Rajasthan meets the Rann of Kutch with its tributaries and distributaries in the north.
During floods rivers like the Rupen, Banas, Nara canal, and Puran river from East, Northeast, and west respectively, empties themselves in the Great Rann of Kutch. The Rann of Kutch is a joint water body that is partly located in India and partly in Pakistan. The LBOD, or Left Bank Outfall Drain, which is 500km long and was made to bypass the saline water which is not fit for agriculture starts from Ghotki district in Sindh in Pakistan and joins the Rann of Kutch in Badin district of Sindh.
- Rann Utsav- “Rann Utsav” is a festival that is celebrated for 3 months every year. And it is organized by the Government of Gujrat.
- Every year during the months of December to February near the village named Dhordo the festival takes place. Here tourists can see different sights of Rann.
- It is awesome to see the white salt desert, it seems magical and innovative. It has tents where tourists are allowed to stay.
- Tourists from all over are allowed to come, but the ones who stay there are allowed to enter and watch all the cultural events which take place there, like the BSF camel show, hot air ballooning, etc.
- Many food stalls, handicraft shops, and other shops like trinkets and jewelry made by native women to earn their livelihood are also present.
- Many events also are arranged by the native people to show the tourists about their culture. Camel rides, ATV rides are also arranged for tourists to enjoy.
- Many exhibitions of native art and folk culture are also displayed. Also, stalls of local cuisine are placed to give the tourist a different taste.
- Also, many houses are built temporarily in the local or native style beside the beach for the tourists to give them a taste of the native traditions and way of living.
- Also, a very special full moon experience of the desert can be felt or experienced by the tourists.
How to Reach
The place is not very well-connected as the place is not visited by people all through the year but only during winters. Bhuj is the nearest airport from Rann. From the airport, one can take a cab or auto to reach the place of the festival. There is no bus or public transport available so the best way to reach Rann is to hire a personal vehicle.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
DJ Dhaval Chauhan : An Exclusive Interview With Most Famous DJ
In talks with the amazingly talented DJ Dhaval Chauhan. Gujarat Celebs got a few minutes from Dhaval’s super busy schedule…
Sabarmati Riverfront, History, Location, Best time to visit, Entry Fee
Sabarmati Riverfront is a blissful place to sit and enjoy nature. This place is located on one bank of the…