Romesh Wadhwani | Biography | Net Worth | Wife | Education | Symphony Technology Group
ROMESH WADHWANI BIOGRAPHY
Romesh Wadhwani stands as one of the biggest business holders in India.
As the founding figure of the Symphony Group, Wadhwani has been in the limelight ever since. Reportedly, the company earns annual revenue of $2.5 billion. After getting possession of nine AI-based companies one after another, Wadhwani merged all of them into one; thus in 2017, he formed the Symphony AI.
Such a name although does not require an introduction, but obviously needs to be known by the ones who don’t know him yet! Therefore, here is an elaborated detail about Romesh T. Wadhwani’s life, career, awards, and more…
- Romesh T. Wadhwani Education
- Career highlights
- Romesh T. Wadhwani as the philanthropist
- Board Memberships held by Romesh T. Wadhwani
- Personal Life
When is Romesh T. Wadhwani’s birthday?
Romesh T. Wadhwani was born on 7th November 1947 in a Sindhi family.
Where was Romesh T. Wadhwani born?
Romesh T. Wadhwani was born in Karachi, present-day Pakistan. But, as the partition of British India was taking place at that time, his family left the country with a few days’ old Wadhwani and moved to the USA. So, Wadhwani’s official birthplace is Palo Alto, California.
What is Romesh T. Wadhwani’s net worth?
As of 2020, Romesh T. Wadhwani’s net worth is USD 3.6 billion.
Is Romesh T. Wadhwani Indian?
No. Romesh T. Wadhwani holds citizenship of the USA.
- Romesh T. Wadhwani completed his bachelor’s degree at IIT Bombay.
- Wadhwani further proceeded to achieve a Master’s degree and PhD in Electrical Engineering at Carnegie Mellon University.
- Career Highlights of Romesh T. Wadhwani:
– Romesh T. Wadhwani is the founder of Symphony Technology Group. He has been the CEO and Chairman of the company.
– He has also been the founder, CEO, and chairman of Aspect Development Inc from 1991 to 1999.
– Wadhwani has also founded American Robot Corporation, which specialises in software and computer integrated manufacturing solutions.
– As a backbone and founder of Compu-Guard Corporation, Wadhwani has always been there.
– Romesh T. Wadhwani stands as the chief limited partner of each of Symphony’s private equity funds.
– He established the National Centre of Biological Sciences in Bangalore in 2012.
– In 2018, along with his brother Sunil Wadhwani, Romesh T. Wadhwani founded The Wadhwani Institute for Artificial Intelligence in Mumbai. The company works for the growth of AI-based innovations that will aid social sectors such as education, agriculture, healthcare, finance, and infrastructure.
- Romesh T. Wadhwani as the Philanthropist:
– Romesh T. Wadhwani established the Wadhwani Foundation to back the economic development of India.
– He is one of the board of trustees of John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
– Wadhwani is also on the board of trustees of the Center for Strategic and International Studies, Washington D.C.
– Romesh T. Wadhwani backed the National Entrepreneurship Network, which works to train and place students from over 500 universities situated all over the country.
- BOARD MEMBERSHIPS HELD BY ROMESH T. WADHWANI:
- Former Chairman of Symphony Technology Group.
- Former Chairman of Information Resources Inc.
- Board Member of Information Resources Inc. – Since January 2003.
- Chairman of Aspect Development Inc. – January 1991 to June 2000.
- Vice-Chairman of I2 Technologies Inc. – June 2000 to October 2002.
- Chairman of Intentia Intl AB – March 2004 to April 2006.
- Co-Chairman of Infor US Inc. – April 2006 to July 2011.
- Present Chairman of Symphony Innovation LLC.
- Present Chairman of Wadhwani Family Office.
- Romesh Wadhwani Biography
- PERSONAL LIFE
Who is Romesh T. Wadhwani’s wife?
Romesh T. Wadhwani’s wife is Kathleen Kathy Wadhwani.
Is Sunil Wadhwani related to Romesh T. Wadhwani?
Yes, Sunil Wadhwani is the sibling of Romesh T. Wadhwani.
Daughter of Romesh T. Wadhwani:
Melina Wadhwani is Romesh T. Wadhwani’s only daughter who got married to Patrick Carey in 2011. Carey is the Head of Sales Operations at the Symphony Talent.
Where does Romesh T. Wadhwani live?
Romesh T. Wadhwani resides at his birthplace Palo Alto, California.
Ramesh Wadhwani Biography & Honours
- Honors: Romesh Wadhwani – Symphony Technology Group
- Romesh T. Wadhwani received the Entrepreneur of the Year Award for Software Catagory in 1998.
- Wadhwani ranked 218 in the Forbes 400 Wealthiest Americans list in 2000. And from 2009 to 2013, his name kept on being on the list.
- From 2010 to 2013, Romesh T. Wadhwani continued to be on the list of Forbes World’s Richest People.
- He ranked 83rd in Forbes Richest in Tech in 2017.
- Wadhwani ranks 859 in the Forbes Billionaires 2021.
- In 2013, Romesh T. Wadhwani received the India Abroad Award for Lifetime Achievement for his contribution to building a better future for the country.
- Wadhwani was honored with a doctorate by the IIT Bombay in 2018.
Read More: Gautam Adani Biography
All the Above information of Romesh Wadhwani Biography owner of Symphony Technology group gathered from Google.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
Chetan Bhagat Books | Five Point Someone | One Arranged Murders Book | The 3 Mistakes Of My Life | 400 Days
Chetan Bhagat is one of the most eminent writers in India. His amazing story-graphy has made Chetan Bhagat books popular throughout the country….
Kairavi Buch Biography | Age | Family | Husband | Songs | Event Booking |
Today we are introducing the Garba Queen of Gujarat, Kairavi Buch biography who is no lesser than a powerhouse of performance…