Shefali Shah is a renowned Indian actor. The talented actor is praised by critics and the audience for her perfect screen presence. Since her debut in 1995 with Rangeela, Shefali has been seen in numerous films. Her brilliant acting has brought her the National Film Award in 2007. Check Here Shefali Shah Biography, Age, Family, Career, Husband, Awards, and More.
Shefali Shah Biography
She born on July 19, 1965. Her birthplace is Mumbai in Maharashtra. Her parents are Shobha Shetty and Sudhakar Shetty. She spent her childhood in the RBI quarters at Santa Cruz in Mumbai. Shefali went to study at Arya Vidya Mandir near the quarters.
She wanted to become an actor from a very early age. Before entering Bollywood, Shefali performed in a Gujarati drama, “Anti VagarniAntakshari”. Her acting in the stage drama was highly appreciated.
Career & Bollywood
Shefali appeared on Hindi television for the first time in 1993. She played the role of Cadet Nivedita in Doordarshan’s Aarohan. Later in 1995, she debuted in Bollywood with Rangeela. Though her role was very short, Shefali’s capabilities could be witnessed by all. In 1998, she acted in Satya, which made her bag the Filmfare Award for Best Actress (Critics).
After Satya, she never looked back and kept on rising. She has a different way of portraying the characters on screen, which makes her presence worth watching. Shefali Shah worked in many popular movies, which are Mohabbatein (2001), Waqt: The Race against Time (2005), 15 Avenue Park (2005), Gandhi, My Father (2007), The Last Lear (2007). She won the Best Actress award in the Tokyo International Film Festival for Gandhi, My Father. In the same year, The Last Lear brought her the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress.
Shefali has acted in several movies, including Black and White (2008), DilDhadakne Do (2015), Brothers (2015), Commando 2 (2017), and many more. She has also given her voice for the character Raksha in the Hindi dubbed version of The Jungle Book in 2016.
Shefali has worked in multiple television shows. The list includes Sea Hawks (1997), BanegiApniBaat, KabhieKabhie (1997), Hasratein (1996), Ramayan (2008), AurShamaJaltiRahi, etc. She was also seen in the OTT platform in Netflix’s crime thriller Delhi Crime in 2019.
Shefali Shah Personal Life
Shefali Shah had been married to Harsh Chhaya, who is a television actor. After her split with Chhaya in 2001, Shefali got married to director Vipul Amrutal Shah. The couple has two sons. Presently, they live in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Shefali Shah won the Star Screen Award for Best Supporting Actress for Satyain 1999.
- She bagged the Filmfare Award for Best Actress (critics) for Satyain 1999.
- In the same year, again for Satya, Shefali was nominated for Filmfare Award and
- Zee Cine Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- In 2006, she was nominated for Zee Cine Award, Filmfare Award, and Star Screen Award for Best Supporting Actress category for Waqt: The Race against Time.
- Shefali Shah won the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for The Last Lear in 2007.
- In the same year, Gandhi, My Father made her bag the Best Actress award at the Tokyo International Film Festival.
- She was also nominated for Producers Guild Awards for Best Supporting Actress for Gandhi, My Father.
- In 2015. Shefali Shah won the Stardust Award for Best Supporting Actor for DilDhadakne Do.
- For the same movie, she was also nominated for Filmfare awards.
- Her outstanding acting in DilDhadakne Doagain bagged the Screen Awards for Best Ensemble Cast in 2015.
- Shefali Shah received Filmfare Short Film Awards for Best Actor Female for the movie Juicein 2018.
- In 2019, Shefali was awarded iReel Awards for Best Actress (Drama) for Netflix’s Delhi Crime.
Shefali Shah has become one of the most talented actors in the Hindi Film Industry. Her humble personality and amazing nature make her accepted by all. Over time, Shefali has acted in numerous films and television shows. Recently her debut in the OTT platforms has also earned a lot of love and appreciation for Shefali.